Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Fish Out of Water

1) Eke

2) http://dictionary.reference.com/wordoftheday

3) When the PRI unites around a candidate and the two opposition parties divide the rest of the vote, the ruling party can usually eke out a victory.  - Mary Beth Sheridan

4) To gain or supplement with great effort or difficulty

5) As his other two competitors swapped places, Billy managed to eke out a small lead.

It was one of the weirdest, most awkward, yet one of the funnest places I have been to in a very long time. As we sat there at work deciding on where we wanted to go out and have fun for the night, one of my co-workers shouted out, "Let's go to Zone." Zone is a gay bar here in Erie. I kind of chuckled when it was shouted out, but with everyone going I thought it would be a good time. We quickly hurried home and got ready to go out and have a good night. I called my boyfriend on the phone and asked him if he wanted to go. He basically laughed in my face, but said he would love to go.

As we parked our cars and walked closer to the double glass doors, it was an experience I knew I would never forget. Holding my boyfriends hand tighter than ever as we were walking through the doors, the first thing I noticed was a creepy old lady checking every one's ID's. Moments later with a drink in my hand and the lights dimmed really low, we walked out on to the dance floor and started dancing. As gay topless men danced all around us, one of them pulled me close to him and started dancing. He was the best dancer I have ever danced with. After hours of dancing and talking with all these people, I had one of the greatest nights of my life.

Going into the Zone, I never expected to have so much fun, nor did I ever expect to feel so comfortable there. Whether they are straight, gay, lesbian, homosexual or transgender, you can have one of the best times in your life. You should never judge a book by it's cover because that's what I did at first. After actually having an experience like that I think it changed my perspective on many people. Not saying I judged homosexuals in a bad way, but it is sad to say it took an assignment like this to make me not judge people the way I use to.

No comments:

Post a Comment