Tuesday, October 19, 2010

IMHO #1

1) Snollygoster
2) http://www.rateitall.com/i-887328-snollygoster-a-shrewd-unprincipled-person-especially-a-politician.aspx
3) "Eliot Spitzer, notorious snollygoster, replied to allegations...." -irishgit
4) A shrewd, unprincipled person, especially a politician.
5) Many people say Dick Cheney is a snollygoster that can not be trusted.

No matter what the price is for gas, high or low, people are always going to purchase it. In order to get from A to B we have to put fuel in our vehicles. You might see a few people here or there walking or riding a bike to get to where they need to go, but it is very rare. People are so lazy they will always drive their vehicles. The oil companies know this, so they can raise the price when need be. One subject matter that bothers me, as well as many other people, is the price of gas on the rise. In the Erie Times News, on October 16, 2010, published an article stating, "Erie Region Gasoline Prices Flirt With $3 a gallon." The price of gas has not been over $3 a gallon since October 2008. Last year at this time gas was $2.49 a gallon.

It is not only outrageous that the price of gas is on the rise, but it is frustrating. Being a college student and living off campus, it is very hard to put gas in my car. Not only do I have my own bills to pay, go to school, play basketball, and work, I have to be able to keep gas in my car to get from each place. When it is nice outside it is not hard for me to get on a bicycle and ride from place to place, but when you live in Erie, only about 3 months out of the year can you actually ride a bike due to weather. I am sure I am not the only one frustrated with this issue, but like many other issues in the Erie area, there is nothing we can do to lower the price of gas. I guess we just have to suck it up and for me, be a broke college student for two more years.

No comments:

Post a Comment