Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Blog 2, Your Favorite Writing

1) Franch
2) http://listverse.com/2007/11/25/another-25-words-you-dont-know/
3) To eat greedily.
4) I was so hungry I started to franch my food in front of my family.

To be perfectly honest, good writing to me may not be the definition of good writing to you. Good writing to me is an article or a book that actually interests me and does not lose my attention after reading the first line. That will most likely be something sports related. I do not do much reading book wise, but I will be the first to say the Washington Redskins article explaining how they beat the Dallas Cowboys, is a better article than the article talking about Barack Obama. I am not saying the article about Obama is not good writing, it is just something that will not keep my focus like the Redskins article will.

The article that I found as good writing is, "Home Field Advantage" by Kate McDermott. It is an article about Washington Redskins owner Dan Snyder and talks about his life and his love for the team before and after he bought them. In the article Snyder goes into full detail about going to his first Redskins game with his dad when he was six years old. He talks about how walking into the stadium, while holding his dads hand, he was absolutely blown away by the noise and the whole deal about being in the Redskins stadium. The article goes on just talking about the love he has for the Redskins.

This is good writing to me because it caught my interest and I have a true passion for the Washington Redskins as does owner Dan Snyder.

No comments:

Post a Comment