Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Blog 3, Fly on the Wall

1) Fample
2) http://listverse.com/2007/11/25/another-25-words-you-dont-know/
3) To feed a child
4) As I was babysitting my one year old niece, she got very fussy so I had to fample her. (If you do not know the definition of this word, it sounds really bad hearing the sentence before knowing the definition.)

After working a long 33 hour, three day weekend, it was very hard to go outside to sit and observe the life of Erie. Instead, I actually got to realize who some people really are and how they act in public whether they are rich or "trashy" looking. I got to see this through the eyes of Sam's Club. It was the busiest weekend in Sam's Club history. As hundreds of people walked through the entrance door, you got to see all different races, classes, and every age you can possibly think of come through those doors.

As I walked the sales floor, in my right ear I hear the crinkle of a case of gatorade breaking open. I look down the fifty foot aisle and see a ten year old boy, with a faded black Pittsburgh Steelers hoodie on, Nike shoes that were so old the sole of the shoe flapped as he walked, and pants on that were puke green and as tight as can be, crack open an eight ounce gatorade and chug the entire bottle and throw it on the ground. After he threw it down he ran up the main aisle to catch up with his mom and six other siblings. I walk over to the bottle and pick it up to throw away and notice out of the corner of my eye a lady, with her hair done like it was her prom night, pearl earrings, a pearl necklace, and a yellow sun dress with orange flowers on it, walking up to the front end with a receipt in one hand while pushing a cart full of tires. I call back to the tire department to find out the lady already took the tires she purchased out of the back door and is now going towards the front door with two tires she did not purchase. As the lady walked up the main aisle to the front door, I went the back way by the mattresses to beat her up there. When she came to the exit door I asked if I could see her receipt and since I noticed she purchased them in the back I had to verify with the tire department she bought them back there. As I go turn to walk away, the lady literally sprinted out of the door, leaving the cart full of tires behind.

More went on throughout my weekend that made me realize who some of the people in the Erie area really are. Whether they dressed as if they were going to church or if they were still in their Scooby-Doo pajamas, anyone may be the next person to steal something from the store. After actually sitting there and observing these things throughout my weekend, I got to see a whole new view through the eyes of Sam's Club.

No comments:

Post a Comment