Thursday, September 9, 2010

What Makes it News?

1) cachinnation
2) http://users.tinyonline.co.uk/gswithenbank/unuwords.htm
3) Loud or hysterical laughter
4) The entire basketball team went into a cachinnation after Amy tripped and fell over her own two feet during a game.

I first heard about this on the news, but I later found it after searching online for an article. The article I chose to write about is "Obama supports 'the right' for ground zero mosque," by Pauline Jelinek. This definitely caught my eye because I completely disagree with President Obama on this matter. I understand that America is a free country and everyone should get equal rights, but the Muslims trying to build a church near ground zero is not right. Everyone has their own opinion and may say I am wrong for even saying this, but it should not happen. I am not racist at all, so please do not think that. It just doesn't seem right to me or to the people who lost their life and the family members who lost their loved ones to let Muslims, the people who crashed the airplanes into the World Trade Centers, build a church right by ground zero. To me, it seems as if they are mocking Americans in a way. Why do they have to build the church so close to ground zero? Why can't the Muslims build a church 5 miles away?

This is a huge discussion throughout America. Therefore, it is localized throughout the United States. There are different ways to get this story localized if it is not already. Facebook is such a huge social website, you could honestly make a group saying, "Protest the building of the Muslim church near ground zero" and I guarantee it will end up on local news if alot of people join the group. Different news stations go through facebook for various news throughout the area. If they really wanted to figure out a story, they could go on and read different people's status' and find out exactly when, where and to who something happened to.

No comments:

Post a Comment